apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Accept mutex
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2001 13:20:20 GMT
I've been toying with the idea of making the accept mutex selection
a runtime rather than compile-time option. This makes sense to me
for certain applications. At present, however, APR decides the mutex
type and Apache uses that. So we either need some way for APR to
determine all possible available options, and then "enable" them
(provide the required calls) and then have an Apache directive do the
required right-thing to pick the one you want.

One way would be to add another argument to the APR call that defines
the lock type (enum would be best, 'natch). Whatcha think?
                    "It's *good* to be the King."