apr-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Accept mutex
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2001 15:48:26 GMT

Sander (Temme) and I have been working on this in the last two weeks;
basically it turns out that your best mutex stategy is not just a function
of the  OS, but also of the (type of) load, the # of processors and the
speed of those processor's. In particuly - if your bottle neck is a high
mutex rate - you are better off using less processor's with a higher speed
- or you should change strategy.

Hence the patch which we've been testing on 1,2,4 and 8 processor (sun)
machines. But do not expect that work to conclude soonish :-)

Dw