apr-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: thread cleanups needed (?)
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2001 14:55:50 GMT

Isn't there always a pool associated with a thread?  Register the cleanup
with that pool, and you should solve your problem.  If not, then the
thread creation routines should also be creating a sub-pool.  That would
solve the problem.  I know that was the original plan, but whether I
implemented it that way or not, I can't remember.

Ryan

On 7 Jun 2001, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> I was thinking of playing with a thread-specific free list of certain
> commonly-allocated structures but it would seem that there is no
> proper mechanism for cleaning up the free list when the APR thread
> goes away.  It would be very useful to be able to register a cleanup
> to be run at thread termination.
>
> It might also be useful to register a routine to be called when a new
> APR thread is created.
>
> comments?
>
> --
> Jeff Trawick | trawickj@bellsouth.net | PGP public key at web site: