apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/memory/unix apr_sms.c apr_sms_blocks.c apr_sms_std.c apr_sms_tracking.c
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2001 20:20:28 GMT
On 29 Jun 2001 dreid@apache.org wrote:

>   Log:
>   We add another phase to the sms creation/initialisation that
>   allows us to make calls that can/could use the sms and if we
>   haven't finished initialising it, it'll segafult due to the lack
>   of function pointers.
>
>   This came up when trying to get pools running as sms :)

I'll reiterate my desire to see us use a static const struct for the
function pointers in sms (a la the apr_bucket_type_t).  Not only would it
make it slightly faster to create an sms, it could help avoid these sorts
of problems.

I know, I know... if I want it done, I should just patch the damn thing.
I'll try to get to it this weekend.  =-)

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA