apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: APR file_io/win32/readwrite.c
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2001 05:15:45 GMT
On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> > I guess MSVC doesn't warn about such things??  Beats the hell out of me.
> > Obviously we'd have seen it in a gcc warning if it were on the Unix
> > side...
>
> It's a level 4 (think -wall) warning on my msvc5.  I try building at
> least once a week against that standard, but as you might expect,
> there are a ton of trivial errors emitted, so it becomes somewhat
> illegible.

Yeah... I figured as much.

> Thanks again for catching this quickly, Cliff!

Actually, I just stumbled across it while looking at the XTHREAD stuff.
And as it turns out, unfortunately, there was nothing quick about it...
that line's been broken for 11.5 months (since the pre-a5 era).  :-/  Oh
well, it's fixed now.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com