apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apr/threadproc/unix thread.c
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 23:13:48 GMT
On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Ian Holsman wrote:

> maybe you could take a bit at a time
> for example.. modify the pool code so that it has a 'sms' memory pointer
> in the structure, on init/destroy you also clean it up ..
> then you could takle parts of the apr, for example strings
> replacing the 'standard' pool memory functions it uses with sms
> memory calls in their place, as long as the 'standard' and SMS memory
> have the same lifetime.
>
> then maybe buckets..

FYI: I'm planning on migrating the buckets code to SMS prior to working a
new memory allocator (whichever allocator that ends up being).  Initially
I'll just use the sms_std malloc() style allocator, of course.  Hopefully
the initial migration will happen sometime this week.  Hopefully.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA