apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Sander Striker" <stri...@samba-tng.org>
Subject Moving filters out of apache and into apr
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:55:33 GMT
Hi,

First a small example. Lets say I'm implementing an
SMTP server and a client. For the server I build a
filter that handles the connection etc.
Now consider the 'TURN' command. Now I have to make
the connecting entity (the client) do all the work
that the server does. I'd like to reuse the filter...

Actually it is not so common that server and client
switch roles. It just was very convenient for my example.

But, I'd really like to see filters out of apache
so you can build client code in terms of filters too.
Or am I talking crap now? (and missing what the filters
are intended for)

Thoughts? (or enlightenment)

Sander

PS. Please don't throw back the 'if you need it, do it'
    line. I want to see what other people think first.
    And if it is _possible_ to move the filters out.