apr-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@xbc.nu>
Subject Re: apr_implode_time and time zones
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2001 03:44:39 GMT
rbb@covalent.net wrote:

>I believe this is a bug.  However, we have never been able to reliably fix
>it.  You should check the APR list archives, because David Reid and I
>discussed this a while back.  It was probably around March of this year.

Hmm. Couldn't find anything there ...

>You could also check CVS for the logs for the time code on Unix.  That
>would give you a better idea of when we had the discussion.

All I saw was something about tm_gmtoff not being present on Solaris.
But there's already a workaround for that, isn't there?

I fail to see how apr_implode_time() could /ever/ be wrong if it uses
tm_gmtoff. Whether that field is set correctly or not is another matter,
and most probably shows up only on very few platforms. Right now,
apr_implode_time() is /always/ wrong. Surely it sould be a lesser evil
to just fix it?

--
Brane ─îibej
    home:   <brane@xbc.nu>             http://www.xbc.nu/brane/