apr-dev mailing list archives

From jean-frederic clere <jfrederic.cl...@fujitsu-siemens.com>
Subject Re: apr unicode-16 lib.
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2001 16:48:40 GMT
Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 09:57:41AM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
> > Then let's not start adding things willy nilly.  We have apr_iconv due to
> > portability, let's build upon that.  It should be across character sets, so
> > we can handle this stuff in an opaque manner.
>
> ack.

Great!

By the way I am not 100% happy with apr-iconv, I am thinking of returning status
instead the actual size_t. Something like:

apr_status_t apr_iconv(iconv_t cd, const char **inbuf, size_t
*inbytesleft,
        char **outbuf, size_t *outbytesleft, size_t *num_change)

Any comments? - If no one complains before tomorrow I will start doing these
changes - (Well I have already started).