apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@ebuilt.com>
Subject mod_auth_digest.c locks -- question on usage
Date Sat, 30 Jun 2001 17:03:21 GMT
mod_auth_digest.c (around line 366) is creating an APR_READWRITE lock with
a scope of APR_LOCKALL (global) for the 'client_lock', but I see no way
that APR could be supporting this concept. In any case, mod_auth_digest.c
seems to be treating it as a simple global mutex-style lock, and never
attempts to acquire 'client_lock' as a reader or a writer.

I'm working on a new APR locks API that would replace the calls to
apr_lock_*() in mod_auth_digest.c (and a few other places in httpd),
but to that end I'd like to find out if this is an error, or if the
author actually wanted a global rwlock.

-aaron