apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/include apr_sms_blocks.h
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2001 10:08:59 GMT
On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 12:26:49AM -0400, Cliff Woolley wrote:
> [side note: I just saw Ian's post, and he has some good examples of cases
> where you could end up with lots of buckets at a time.  I'm not sure about
> the subrequests example, because each subrequest would get handled one at
> a time, its buckets being dumped out to the network and the buckets freed,
> generally.  But it could happen, I guess.]

The subrequests are dumped to the filter stack. Not necessarily the network.
It is *very* reasonable to assume that the C-L filter is sitting in there,
holding onto the entire response. (e.g. an HTTP/1.0 request with keepalives)

The C-L filter is exactly why we have setaside(pool). The CORE filter won't
ever need to bother setting aside a 10 byte file, but the C-L filter will
set aside everything, large or small.

Cheers,
-g

--