apr-dev mailing list archives

From Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <l...@samba-tng.org>
Subject Re: apr unicode-16 lib.
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:35:01 GMT
On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 09:57:41AM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Then let's not start adding things willy nilly.  We have apr_iconv due to
> portability, let's build upon that.  It should be across character sets, so
> we can handle this stuff in an opaque manner.

ack.

i don't mind.  as long as there's something that can be used
as the basis to write an APR-based SMB server, and it's capable
of handling ucs2 in intel-native format off-the-wire.

[i can auto-generate some code to do the conversion, it
doesn't matter what the internal format is in, ultimately, as
long as no information is lost, and there's a secondary
consideration to speed.  samba is full of code that
converts ucs2 to ascii by dropping the high byte.]

that's the driving factor, here.

lukes