apr-dev mailing list archives

From Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <l...@samba-tng.org>
Subject Re: [RFC] Network Abstraction Layer - redux
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2001 14:11:44 GMT
On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 09:59:57AM -0400, Bill Stoddard wrote:
> Spent a bit of time reviewing the thread and I still think the Samba team proposal

hiya bill,

quick reality-check, please consider this as independent from
the NAL proposal, and also that i don't speak for sander or elrond.

just to let you know: we're nothing to do with the samba team.

we're the people who are responsible for creating samba's DCE/RPC
capability.  they then decided they could do a better job
['surely it can't be as complicated as all that????'].

i shan't go in to detail: for me, working with APR represents a
clean break from a complete nightmare.

it's past.  history.  time to move on, and working with APR
is how i'd like to do that.

thanks,

luke