apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: APR on Windows 2000????
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2001 01:40:16 GMT
[ From tomcat-dev ]

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 08:58:31AM -0700, Thom Park wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This question pertains to the required APR library for mod_webapp.
> I understand that this might not be the best mail list to post this
> question, but
> if there are any hardy souls out there working with mod_webapp and NT, then
> they
> (hopefully) must have solved this problem already ;-)

dev@apr.apache.org is the appropriate forum.  This reply is CCed to
that address as well.

> Has anyone built APR on Windows 2000?
>
> I must be missing something as I'm unable to build this on Windows.
>
> I've downloaded the tarball (which doesn't contain a pre-configured
> makefile),
> and when I try to run buildconf it complains that libtool is missing.
>
> so, first question is this:
>
> 1. Does libtool exist for Windows 2000, and if so, where can I get this
>
> Secondly, I noticed that there was a apr.dsp file, so  I opened this using
> DevStudio 6.0 and tried to build APR using that.

Yeah, don't use buildconf - that's for Windows people.  IIRC, APR only
uses MSVC files for building on Win32.

> No joy with this either - I got the following compile error(s) from time.c:
>
> g:\projects\apr files\apr\include\apr_sms.h(89) : error C2061: syntax error
> : identifier 'apr_sms_t'
> d:\projects\apr files\apr\include\apr_sms.h(90) : error C2143: syntax error
> : missing '{' before '*'
> d:\projects\apr files\apr\include\apr_sms.h(91) : error C2143: syntax error
> : missing '{' before '*'
> and so forth....

Try getting an updated APR build.  This should probably be fixed.  If
it's not, then let us know.

> So second question -
>
> 2. if buildconf is not the way to build apr on windows - what is?
>
> I couldn't find much by way of instructions (for windows) at
> http:apr.apache.org so if there
> are any other bodies of knowlege on this topic I'd really appreciate some
> guidance!

If you can provide some feedback, please drop a line to
dev@apr.apache.org.  We'll post any feedback there.  -- justin