apr-dev mailing list archives

From Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <l...@samba-tng.org>
Subject Re: SMS stuff
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2001 12:06:55 GMT
> > Um. Hello? Have you counted the number of third party modules in
> > existence?
> > Tossing the pools means tossing the basic framework for a couple hundred
> > modules. apr_pool_t and apr_p* will remain (effectively) forever.

hiya greg,

you know that, i know that, we all know that, and so can cater for it:

it means providing a set of functions that provides exactly the
same job, exactly the same semantics, behaviour and function
arguments.

that's the _easy_ bit :)

no-one in their right mind is suggesting, not here, not ever,
never has, [but probably will, despite all the messages on
the topic], advocated doing anything that would require third
party modules to modify their code.  it's just simply not..
going... to happen.

so we deal with that and take it into account in the design
and implementation.

agreed?

thx,

luke