apr-dev mailing list archives

From Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <l...@samba-tng.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/memory/unix apr_sms.c
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2001 14:11:23 GMT
uh... i thought i should point out: the original proposal
i recommended for the sms locking routine should pass
in the area of memory to be locked and its length,
and ditto for the unlocking.

in this way, let's say you do mmap on a file, you can
use posix locking as the implementation of the locking
on the memory.

[or can you?  i dunno, for sure :) ]

and, if the argument is NULL, it means ' do a Global Lock'.

if the unlock() argument is NULL, it means 'do a Global
Unlock - i.e. free all locks'.

luke