apr-dev mailing list archives

From Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <l...@samba-tng.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/threadproc/unix thread.c
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2001 14:07:50 GMT
> > See, that's where my overall view of "where we hope to get to" differs.
> > <shrug>  In my mind, APR depends on pools.  Period.  It would require a
> > major overhaul for most APR operations to be safe WITHOUT pools (ie, lots
> > of apr_sms_free operations would have to be added, which is exactly what
> > the pools are meant to avoid).

no, no, _wrong_!  that's exactly what you _don't_ do, and anyone
who proposes it, or thinks that that is what is being proposed, i
will stamp on their fingers or break their keyboard in frustration.

or something.

no.  we are _not_ proposing that pools be replaced [with something
other than what looks exactly like pools].

same API [pools], different implementation.

doing otherwise is just.. _nuts_!

you know that, _i_ know that.  what on earth makes you think _i_ think
otherwise???

darn :)

luke