apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Havard" <bri...@kheldar.apana.org.au>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/test testlock.c
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2001 14:46:15 GMT
On 6 Jun 2001 18:22:01 -0000, dreid@apache.org wrote:

>dreid       01/06/06 11:22:01
>
>  Modified:    test     testlock.c
>  Log:
>  This adds a test to testlock for locking the same lock from the same
>  thread a number of times.  Win32 and OS/2 don't have the changes yet.

OS/2 locks are already be safe to lock multiple times in the same thread.
A current run of testlock looks like this:

F:\Apache\httpd-2.0\srclib\apr\test>testlock.exe
APR Locks Test
==============

Exclusive lock test
    Initializing the lock                                   OK
    Starting all the threads                                OK
    Waiting for threads to exit                             OK
Test passed
Testing multiple locking
    Creating the lock we'll use                             OK
    Trying to lock 10 times                                 OK
    Trying to unlock 10 times                               OK
    Destroying the lock we've been using                    OK
Test passed
RW Lock Tests
    Initializing the RW lock                                Failed!
RW Lock test failed : [20523] This function has not been implemented on
this platform

I've looked at implementing RW locks but the only thing in the OS/2 API
that works that way are file locks. I guess I could implement them by using
file locks on a temp file but that's pretty ugly.