apr-dev mailing list archives

From Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <l...@samba-tng.org>
Subject Re: SMS stuff
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2001 11:50:07 GMT
> Well, we'll agree to differ on these.  The basic problem is that they're all
> the same method for allocating memory, all that varies is where the memory
> comes from.  Hell, if that's all we want to do then why are we bothering
> with sms?  sms adds a lot of baggage if all we really want is to be able to
> slot in a backend!

remember that one of the suggestions i made was to create
a mem-locked SMS, for security of encryption / storage of
private keys (using techniques / code already in GPG).

the basic premise is that pretty much all code uses pools.

therefore, in order to fulfil the requirements,
you back-end pools with the appropriate sms as it's
a self-contained location in the code dependency-order.

luke