apr-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Veillard <Daniel.Veill...@imag.fr>
Subject Re: XMLvL, apache, apr, mod_virgule origins: advice needed [LONG]
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2001 09:19:18 GMT
On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 02:14:58AM -0700, Greg Stein wrote:
> APRUTIL also locates Expat on the system for you, or builds its bundled copy
> of Expat. You could drop your libxml2 dependency. Even better, there has
> been a call for a SAX-like API in APRUTIL, backed by Expat, libxml, or
> Xerces. If you're motivated, you could implement that API for APRUTIL :-)

  Actually I doubt mod_virgule would stick at the SAX level. I didn't
looked at the code but from the exchanges I had with Raph Levien when
he developped it, I'm pretty sure it uses the DOM tree build of libxml2.
  Now whether switching to Xerces makes sense or not is a question I'm
probably too biased to answer. The irony is that I started libxml in
99 when trying to build a small WebDAV implementation for Apache.

Daniel