apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: buildconf
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2001 03:20:34 GMT
On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 06:33:34PM -0400, Cliff Woolley wrote:

> Can somebody remind me why it is that APR-util has 'buildconf.sh' and APR
> and Apache have just plain 'buildconf'?  ISTR that we were going to
> migrate to 'buildconf.sh' and that it just only got done half-way.  Is
> that right?

It's a shell script, meant for execution. Thus, the .sh extension. Many
projects use "autogen.sh", but the Apache projects don't follow that
tradition. buildconf(.sh) is the name/term we use.

The .sh extension clues in various apps that the thing is a script. Emacs
recognizes it, file managers can recognize it, etc.

And yes, the problem is due to "done half-way"

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/