apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/build apr_hints.m4
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 23:45:09 GMT
> No. apr_hints is a last resort. Actual tests like the AC_TRY_COMPILE() that
> Justin did are the right way to do it. We should always try to avoid
> hard-coding conditions to the host/library/whatever and *test* for them
> instead.

Since the thread tests are the first real tests performed by APR's
autoconf - any additional CPPFLAGS (or whatnot) will get passed to
all subsequent tests.  I think this is Jeff's concern (perfectly
valid - I have it too).

Looking at configure,in, I don't think we could move the threading
tests around too much.  It looks like it is in the right place.
-- justin