apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <ad...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server request.c
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 18:42:12 GMT
From: "Cliff Woolley" <cliffwoolley@yahoo.com>
Cc: <dev@apr.apache.org>

> On 6 Jun 2001 trawick@apache.org wrote:
>
> >   -    if (r->finfo.filetype) {
> >   +    if (r->finfo.filetype != APR_NOFILE) {
> >    /* assume path_info already set */
>
> Wow, so we have APR_NOFILE _and_ APR_ENOFILE?  That's awfully confusing,
> don't you think?

All the APR_filetype macros should be renamed APR_FTYPE_filetype, to distinguish,
but that implies someone with time has a desire to do so.

And the APR_ENOboo garbage should go away, as Jeff pointed out.

But answering Jeff's side questions, I agree that APR_NOFILE (or APR_FTYPE_NOFILE)
should have a value of zero.

Note that we test filetype rather than perms, which we used to do.  perms don't
exist on every platform in a unixish style, and even where we can test them, it's
very expensive on Win32.  Filetype remains a no-brainer, and a null value (from a
x_calloc() call) should indicate we haven't stat'ted or gotfileinfo, and/or we
tried and found nothing.  Why it ever had a value != 0 is beyond me.

Bill