apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <ad...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: apr unicode-16 lib.
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2001 20:32:33 GMT
From: "Greg Stein" <gstein@lyra.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2001 3:01 PM

> On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 05:35:01PM +0200, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> > i don't mind.  as long as there's something that can be used
> > as the basis to write an APR-based SMB server, and it's capable
> > of handling ucs2 in intel-native format off-the-wire.
> The apr_iconv stuff should be able to do UCS-2 -> UTF-8 conversion. If it
> can't, then it is useless :-)
> [ I'm guessing it already can; in any case, the API is there for this ]

> [ hmm. apr/include/arch/unix/i18n.h has some conversion code; no idea why ]

It's a secondary implementation, could be grabbed by apr_xlate if the implementation
is 'less than secure', and was primarly for Win32 since we didn't have xlate
conversion semantics (xlate lets us convert 'just enough' bytes, WinNT expects to
have a large enough buffer for all or nothing.)

View raw message