apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: apr unicode-16 lib.
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2001 16:56:51 GMT
From: "jean-frederic clere" <jfrederic.clere@fujitsu-siemens.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2001 11:48 AM

> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 09:57:41AM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> >
> > > Then let's not start adding things willy nilly.  We have apr_iconv due to
> > > portability, let's build upon that.  It should be across character sets, so
> > > we can handle this stuff in an opaque manner.
> >
> > ack.
>
> Great!
>
> By the way I am not 100% happy with apr-iconv, I am thinking of returning status
> instead the actual size_t. Something like:
>
> apr_status_t apr_iconv(iconv_t cd, const char **inbuf, size_t
> *inbytesleft,
>         char **outbuf, size_t *outbytesleft, size_t *num_change)
>
> Any comments? - If no one complains before tomorrow I will start doing these
> changes - (Well I have already started).

If we can fail for more that a single reason, then yes, that's an apr_status_t.

Commit away :-)  We ought to start looking at compatibility to apr_xlate.c as well,
perhaps by tying to one module where we use the iconv package, and to another module
where we user apr_iconv.  Haven't given that enough thought yet.