apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <ad...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: APR on Windows 2000????
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2001 02:04:41 GMT

> On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 08:58:31AM -0700, Thom Park wrote:
>
> > 2. if buildconf is not the way to build apr on windows - what is?
> >
> > I couldn't find much by way of instructions (for windows) at
> > http:apr.apache.org so if there
> > are any other bodies of knowlege on this topic I'd really appreciate some
> > guidance!

Your guess about apr.dsp was dead on, and if it isn't building, that's our fault
(and we would like to hear about it.)  The compiler errors you mentioned were
identified and fixed.

apr.dsp builds a library you can link in.  libapr.dsp builds a .dll you can bind to.
Your choice :-)  If you also grab the apr-util repository (in parallel to apr) there
is a one-shot aprutil.dsw workspace that sets up the proper dependencies to build
aprutil (and apr) or libaprutil (and libapr), along with required (and embedded)
sub-projects, such as expat parsing.

Bill