apr-dev mailing list archives

From "David Reid" <dr...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/misc/unix errorcodes.c
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 08:23:08 GMT
>   * Remove the unnecessary parameter checks and the extra error codes that
>     went along with them.  The APR policy is to segfault on a NULL
>     rather than silently returning some error code that the caller might
>     not check anyway.

Can't say I agree 100% with this, but if you say so, it must be.  BTW, where
is this written/documented??

>   * Also remove lots of unnecessary assertions (where the code would have
>     segfaulted anyway, even without an explicit assert).  I've tried to be
>     sure that every one I removed will result in a virtually immediate
>     segfault anyway.  Ones that don't are the ones that are tricky to
>     If I've removed too many, say so and I'll put them back.

>   * Fix a misnamed APR_MEMORY_ASSERT -> APR_ASSERT_MEMORY, which was
>     apr_assert_memory() never to be compiled.  Also fix a syntax error in
>     function that's been there since rev 1.1 of apr_sms.c, which no one's
>     ever noticed because they never compiled it before.

If you checked you'd see that the misnamed assert tag was added in revision
1.5 of the original file, and so the code that you claim was never built was
building quite happily up till that point.  As for the screw up on the
naming, don't believe I missed that!

View raw message