apr-dev mailing list archives

From "David Reid" <dr...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: APR != HTTPD :) (Was: Re: problem with mod_webapp)
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2001 23:20:31 GMT
> Ian Holsman at ianh@cnet.com wrote:

> >> Subversion requires apr source to be present in subversion/apr.

Why?  If we have shared libraries available can't it just use those?  I mean
at present I'm not sure apache can, so this whole area needs some looking at
yet.

If you're building subversion on the same system as apache can you tell
either apache or subversion where to look for the source?  ISTR this is
something we've talked about for apache before now. AFAIK not done anything
about it yet.

> > should we be creating a 'apr-config' ala gtk-config???
> > (just imagining a system with HTTP & subversion and 2 APRs)

Yuck!

> I don't know what gtk-config is, but for the webapp module under Apache
2.0
> I was thinking about linking it directly to the httpd binary (David told
me
> last week he's doing something like it in Beos).

Yep, for DSO's and I think Victor does something similar for AIX.

> I was just wondering if there was the possibility to copy APR_VARS in the
> 2.0 APXS, might save a lot of headaches...

This should be looked into as APXS is a useful tool but will likely need
some serious modifications :)

david