apr-dev mailing list archives

From "David Reid" <dr...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/test testlock.c
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 23:30:17 GMT
Hmm, well all the other test apps are using it...

The general rule I'm moving to is that the "output" all goes to stdout,
error messages to stderr.  So if we have

testing foo

The OK or Failed are both printed on stdout as part of the "output" and the
error message as to why it failed goes to stderr.  This means we end up with
something like

testing foo            Failed
we coudn't do foo : [1001] bar is not supported on this platform

The aim is to move to a script based test run whereby we get simple reports
of what tests passed and what failed with the output being dumped into a
file, hence the desire for the distinction.  Of course it'll be a while
before we get there :)  test_apr.h is the start but there is more support
needed yet.

If we have to make the change fair enough, but we haven't been using it
anywhere else in the test apps

BTW, do other people even run them anymore?

david