apr-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject apr_memory_system.c;apr_memory_system.h
Date Sat, 05 May 2001 20:40:36 GMT

This is the stackable memory that the Samba TNG guys put together.  This
is very impressive IMHO.  I believe this is the way to move forward with
APR's memory requirements.  I would like to commit this to APR to get
people hacking on this.  To that end, unless somebody objects, I will
commit this on Monday morning.  Once it is committed, I expect people can
use this to re-implement pools (same semantics, same API, just different
under the covers), and shared memory.

Sander sent me a test program that he wrote, but I can't find it in my
e-mail right now, hopefully Sander, you can re-send it to this list.
Thanks.

Of course, before I commit it, I will add all the headers and the Apache
License, assuming the Samba guys don't object.

Ryan