apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Sander Striker" <stri...@samba-tng.org>
Subject RE: APR shared memory requirements.
Date Tue, 08 May 2001 18:05:39 GMT
>>> in this way, you could pass in a shmem-SMS-parent allocator
>>> to apr_pool_create(), and it will create a shared memory
>>> pool that looks, to all intents and purposes, like an apr_pool_t.
>>>
>>> interested?
>>
>> This sounds very cool. Certainly I'm interested.
>
> great-stuff.  continue on dev@apr.apache.org?  have some
> ideas on how to proceed on devel of an apr_memsys_shmem.

Ok, lets discuss this, people, speak up so we can do this 'right'
in one go (and quickly too) ;-)

> luke
>
> p.s. please please please can apr_pool_join() be dropped? :)

Indeed, when/if switching to mem_sys, this won't really be needed
anymore, just make sure to alloc from the same parent mem sys.
Also, this is very hard to incorporate in the concept/implementation
of memory systems :-)

Sander