apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Sander Striker" <stri...@samba-tng.org>
Subject RE: buckets, brigades, md5
Date Sat, 26 May 2001 17:44:14 GMT
[...]
> Within httpd itself, filters contain bucket brigades.  I am not
> currently aware of any other usage of bucket brigades outside of the
> filter code.  IMHO, key files to look at in httpd-2.0 itself are
> server/util_filter.c and modules/http/http_protocol.c (see
> ap_http_filter).  mod_include and mod_tls also use filters.  Other
> modules (such as my mod_mbox - see www.apachelabs.org) use them as well.
> I tried to make the mod_mbox usage of filters fairly easy to understand
> as I didn't find the mod_include code very easy to understand.  So,
> maybe the mod_mbox code might be easier to understand.

Ah, I took a peek there and it seems that I want to use filters... :-(
Hmmm, are there plans to move these into apr-util? Or are they really
hardcore apache?

[...]
> If you come up with a good example program, post it.  =)  I might
> eventually add something, but no guarantees.  I have lots of things I
> want to do first.

Same here :-)

> But, yeah, a program that easily showcases bucket
> brigades outside of httpd-2.0 isn't a bad idea.  However, bucket
> brigades are so tied into httpd-2.0, it is really hard to come up with
> an example.

>> Btw, I noticed Justin is planning on moving over md5 from
>> apr to apr-util. Any chance md4 is added to the crypto/
>> dir to?
>
> Someone have reference code for md4?  I believe I'll be able to extract
> md5 out of apr, but first I need something to implement randomness in
> APR.  Lots of dependencies at each step.  Baby steps...  -- justin

You could do something very dirty and copy the md5 code to a non
exported area of apr so you can still use it in the uuid code.
This way you can move (a copy of) the md5 code to apr-util.

Regarding MD4, I only have a link to RFC1320 for you:
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1320.html

Sander