apr-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Gross <ChristianGr...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: SMS and Windows
Date Fri, 25 May 2001 04:03:56 GMT
On Thu, 24 May 2001 22:34:20 -0500, you wrote:

>You are missing the schema...
>
>apr/component/plat is the preferred object, but if it's missing...
>apr/component/unix is the authoritative (posix) implementation.
>
>You don't seriously think win32 is missing all the files it would be,
>if it didn't rely on unix :-?  In many cases, we do use the common
>(unix) code.  When the code forks to violently (see file_io :-) then
>we implement the win32 space and chop the code into two platforms.

No I do not think that at all.  I was inspecting the code in the UNIX
and thought that yes it was pretty cross-platform.

But what led me to this question was because none of the files were
referenced in the project files.  For example there is the test file
testmem.c, which was also not referenced in the aprtest project.

Hence since none of the SMS was being referenced in Windows I thought
there was a good reason for that, which I was missing.  And hence why
I posted this question.

But thank-you for the explanation on the apr/component/plat, etc.

Christian