apr-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Gross <ChristianGr...@yahoo.de>
Subject A question about global pools
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 18:45:34 GMT
Hi

I was experimenting with some code...

Consider the following.

    apr_initialize();
    if (apr_pool_create(&context, NULL) != APR_SUCCESS) {
		printf( "Could not allocate context\n");
		exit( -1);
    }
    apr_terminate();

If I "forget" to destroy the context pool I think the pool is lost.  I
looked into the sources and I cannot seem where the context pool is
freed.

I was thinking ok, I overlooked something and thought, hmm there must
be a global pool reference.  And indeed there is in start.c, but
global_apr_pool is declared statically and hence not accessible.  It
does not seem to be used anywhere outside of start.c.  And I also
cannot seem to see a function that returns the global reference.

Am I missing something?

Christian