apr-dev mailing list archives

From jean-frederic clere <jfrederic.cl...@fujitsu-siemens.com>
Subject Re: Add error codes to apr_errno.h
Date Mon, 28 May 2001 08:25:26 GMT
"William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:

> > On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 06:47:16PM +0200, jean-frederic clere wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am planning to add two new error codes to apr_errno.h for apr-iconv:
> > > APR_EILSEQ Illegal byte sequence
>
> Already exists, APR_EBADCH

Looking in apr/i18n/unix/xlate.c I have noted that APR_EINVAL is used for this.
I will ajust apr-iconv to xlate.

> > > APR_E2BIG  Too big (It can be used also for "Arg list too long").
>
> Already APR_EINVAL for too many or too few arguments to a function call,
> or could be APR_EBADARG or even APR_ENAMETOOLONG, depending one what you mean.

For the moment in apr/i18n/unix/xlate.c this is not really an error (that is
just that the output buffer is too small).
Should I also return APR_SUCCESS in apr-iconv for this case?

Cheers

Jean-frederic