apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: [dav-dev] FW: Case-insensitive file system moves
Date Fri, 25 May 2001 19:26:21 GMT
On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 01:47:04PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> [...]
on case-insensitive filesystems (like NT).  I'm
> pretty sure this has been discussed before, but I don't recall the conclusion.
> > >
> > > Try to move a file like this:
> > > MOVE /file1.html HTTP/1.1
> > > Host: www.foo.bar
> > > Destination: http://www.foo.bar/FILE1.html
> > >
> > > on NT, this will result in a 403 error returned to the client, because apache
is detecting it as the same resource.

> > > It would be nice if this were to succeed and actually change the name of the
file.  Ideally it would work the same when moving a
> collection to a new name as well.
> > > Has anyone looked into mod_dav and thought about changing the code so that
if 2 resources did not strcmp, but were the same
> resource (according to apache), a rename would actually take place?
>
> That can be done more easily in the upcoming version.
>
> Not every win32 filesystem accepts ren foo FOO, so some of the logic needs to
> reside somewhere (Apache 2.0's APR) so the rename can proceed foo -> rand -> FOO.

Hrm. Interesting point.

Jeff (Costlow): I'd be happy to apply a patch if you've got one. I looks
like you would need something in dav_method_copymove(). (not much you could
do with dav_fs_repos for this issue)

Cheers,
-g

--