apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: SMS and Windows
Date Fri, 25 May 2001 04:33:54 GMT
On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 12:03:56AM -0400, Christian Gross wrote:
> No I do not think that at all.  I was inspecting the code in the UNIX
> and thought that yes it was pretty cross-platform.
>
> But what led me to this question was because none of the files were
> referenced in the project files.  For example there is the test file
> testmem.c, which was also not referenced in the aprtest project.
>
> Hence since none of the SMS was being referenced in Windows I thought
> there was a good reason for that, which I was missing.  And hence why
> I posted this question.
>
> But thank-you for the explanation on the apr/component/plat, etc.

AFAIK, no one (even Unix) is *using* SMS right now.  I think when Dave gets
back (think he said something about being gone for a week - not sure -
maybe I'm confused), he might add some more stuff - I think Sander has
a few patches outstanding?  But, I think it is waiting for the SMS code
to be stable (this is really being driven by the Samba people - they
know where this is going far better than I) and then it needs to be
tested and integrated with apr_pool_t.  -- justin