apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: More migrations from httpd to apr-util and md5 in apr
Date Wed, 23 May 2001 23:54:23 GMT
Thanks.  Okay, I'll take a pass at date migration over the long weekend
(misc is fine) unless someone says not to between now and Friday.  I'll
take a look at the mod_dav_fs dates - I'll see how compatible it is with
what I had for mod_mbox.  I may try and merge them, or if it is too
different, I'll commit what I had for mod_mbox and you can then look at
the mod_dav_fs stuff and decide what to do.

I might get around to the md5 stuff, but that may require also yanking out
uuid into apr-util as well.  As you said, that's not a bad idea -
hopefully, it isn't used anywhere within APR itself.  I'll see if I have
enough time to do this right this weekend.  Baby steps - I want to break
as little as possible at each step.

If I eventually see a PRNG that I like (suitable license, of course),
I'll include it in APR.  Only use it when /dev/random et al aren't
defined - does that sound reasonable?

I'll post appropriate patches to new-httpd to migrate their calls, but
it'll need someone with commit access on that end to check those in.
-- justin