apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Declaration of apr_terminate() and Win32
Date Mon, 21 May 2001 00:50:47 GMT
On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 12:16:06PM -0700, Ian Holsman wrote:
> also... to get generate_index.c to work on a NT box:
> you'll need to add a
> static void terminate(void)
> {
>     apr_terminate();
> }
>
> and change 'atexit' to  atexit(terminate);
> as apr_terminate doesn't have the correct function definition.

[This private thread was originally about the mod_mbox's APR standalone
program which generates the DBM index files...]

Ian,

I had a chance to look at apr_terminate and it seems that APR defines it
correctly (but again, I only use Unix, so of course, it'd be right).
What's the error with apr_terminate and MS's C compiler that you were
seeing?

I'm posting this to dev@apr.apache.org in the hopes that someone with a
Win32 compiler has an idea why apr_terminate can't be directly used with
atexit().  If it can't be used directly, it seems that the prototype
should be changed - I think my usage of atexit(apr_terminate) is
correct, but I might be wrong.  Odd.  -- justin