apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Problems with APR under Linux...
Date Sat, 19 May 2001 00:47:09 GMT
On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 01:05:17AM +0100, Pier P. Fumagalli wrote:
> Pier P. Fumagalli at pier@betaversion.org wrote:
>
> > jean-frederic clere at jfrederic.clere@fujitsu-siemens.com wrote:

> >> I have no found exactly what happends but just add -lpthread in the
> >> (tomcat-connectors)/Makefile solves the problem:
> >
> > Ok, will add that into our autoconf/automake stuff. :) Thanks for the
> > hint...
> >
> >   Pier
>
> Jean-Federic  told me that the trick works for Linux, but not for other
> systems such as Reliant Unix... Is there a way to find out on which
> libraries APR relies on?

Right. Adding -lpthread manually is absolutely the wrong thing for your app
to do. That was poor advice.

APR generates a shell script called APRVARS. That should have everything
that you need for compiling your app, and for linking your app to APR and
its dependent libraries.

Note: it is best to compile your app with the flags from APRVARS so that you
don't get skewed compile options between APR and your app. Yes, there are
well-defined binary interfaces, but heck: APR figured it all out for you, so
go ahead and use it :-)

Cheers,
-g

--