apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject apr_xml (was: Re: libaprutil.la, libexpat.la, APRUTIL_EXPORT_LIBS)
Date Thu, 17 May 2001 20:50:34 GMT
[ back from a couple days off... ]

Yes: the apr_xml code is currently set up to just use Expat. However, the
intent is that it can be covers for other XML parsers. In particular, Xerces
and libxml would be great options.

And yes, the API is also based a very lightweight tree structure, rather
than event-based. Adding a second set of APIs to set handlers would be a
Good Thing, so please feel free to submit patches to do so.

The insertion of "DAV:" into the set of namespaces is definitely a negative,
but I haven't bothered to spend time to resolve the issue. That is about the
only DAV-specific thing in the whole set of apr_xml routines. The rest is
generally applicable to other problem domains.

The point is: the code originated as part of mod_dav, but it has been
extracted so that other code can use it (config reading? new modules? etc).
However, somebody just needs to spend a bit of time to sand off the rough
edges and to expand the APIs based on what people may need.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/