apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: Moving stuff from server/util_* into apr-util?
Date Thu, 17 May 2001 18:53:51 GMT
On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 10:17:45AM -0700, Doug MacEachern wrote:
> i think the only reason it hasn't been done is because it will be somewhat
> painful.  maybe it would be worthwhile to first come up with a list of
> canidate functions/structures to move from httpd to apr-util.

Here are the three files that I definitely believe should be moved:
util_date.c (don't know what dir this would belong in)
util_uri.c (uri_delims.h, gen_uri_delims.c, etc. go into apr-util/uri)
util_md5.c (sha is already in apr-util/crypto)

I'm not sure about (bits and pieces, perhaps):
util.c
util_ebcdic.c
util_cfgtree.c
util_debug.c

I definitely know that these can't be moved (and should probably be
renamed perhaps):
util_filter.c
util_script.c
util_xml.c

What do you think?

I think the best way to do this is one file at a time.  Add it into
apr-util, switch the symbols in all affected files (perl or
apu_compat.h?), then remove the old version in httpd-2.0.  And, you are
right, this certainly won't be pretty.

Roy said he might have time to do this, but I'm not so sure about
that.  =)

The problem is that I really don't know how to submit patches for this.
I can submit files that will go into apr-util, but this may be better
off for someone with commit access to just sit down for a few hours and
get this right.  This just touches so many files - sending so many
patches (what I would have to do) gets burdensome and confusing.  But, I
can do that if no one with commit access has the time.

Thanks.  -- justin