apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject libaprutil.la, libexpat.la, APRUTIL_EXPORT_LIBS
Date Wed, 16 May 2001 17:11:26 GMT
libaprutil.la has all of the expat code in it because we put `find
. -name '*.lo'` in libaprutil.la.

libexpat.la has the expat code too, of course.

apr-util sets APRUTIL_EXPORT_LIBS to tell the app to link with
libexpat.la in addition to libaprutil.la, but of course that isn't
needed since libaprutil.la includes the necessary objects.

Does anybody care how the duplication is resolved?  We can keep the
expat code out of libaprutil.la or keep libexpat.la out of

(On most platforms this isn't an issue but we get duplicate symbol
warnings on OS/390.)
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...

View raw message