apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: SDBM locking...
Date Sun, 13 May 2001 21:18:23 GMT
On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 12:44:30PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Hadn't considered the issue of an intervening fetch, and that does look like it
> could be broken (dunno if it is.)  Suggests we want a setaside for the 'current'
> key, so you might want to look at that (feel free to offer a patch.)  At least to
> document what else breaks the firstkey/nextkey operation, besides the locking.

Hmm. I believe you can do a fetch in there.

Yes... definitely. mod_dav has been doing it for a couple years now :-)

I'm thinking a person would want to avoid a fetch of anything *but* the key
returned by first/next key (move the iteration ptrs). Also to avoid
store/delete (gum everything up).

And no: I don't think we want a setaside. People can switch to a different
DB if they need more.

Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

View raw message