apr-dev mailing list archives

From Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <l...@samba-tng.org>
Subject Re: Memory Renaming (try 2)
Date Sat, 12 May 2001 23:03:31 GMT
> > Oh, here is in an incredibly useful suggestion that I'd love to see
> > added into the sms stuff while you are at it - add a calloc function that
> > tries to use calloc if available, or use malloc/memset.  There are

interesting to note that people are considering actually using this
_outside_ of apr_pool.  hm.

suggestion:  in a separe module, create apr_sms_util.c.

this contains apr_sms_calloc(), and other things such as, oh,
i dunnno: perhaps a routine to emulate realloc() fo those
tmemory systems that don't have one, or uses the realloc if it does.

etc.

whether that's a good idea, or not, is another matter.
it may be thata particular memory system is
incredibly inefficient at being overloaded with
realloc.

luke