apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/build mkdep.sh
Date Fri, 11 May 2001 21:54:41 GMT
On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 01:57:46PM -0700, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> >   Hum. On systems that don't necessarily have gcc, this is a breakage.
> >   However, this doesn't seem quite clean. Anyone have any better ideas?
>
> Yeah, just delete the file and move it into the Makefile depend: rule
> so that you can use $(CC) directly.  Better yet, just figure out what
> the real platform-independent dependencies should be and add them to
> the Makefile.in files.

The reason mkdep.sh exists is so that we can have a more complex dependency
scanning mechanism in place. e.g. use GCC when available, select some Perl
script on other platforms, use a platform-specific mechanism, etc

But Victor's patch to use regular "cc" was probably wrong. As Jeff points
out, only gcc responds to -MM and "does the right thing"

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/