apr-dev mailing list archives

From Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <l...@samba-tng.org>
Subject Re: New memory code renaming
Date Thu, 10 May 2001 11:19:47 GMT
On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 11:54:20AM +0100, David Reid wrote:
> Why memsys???  I'm sorry I just don't follow the logic. The code deals with
> memory doesn't it?

semantics time:

apr_memory is a noun.  to me, it implies ownership of the memory by apr.

apr_memory_system (or memsys): implies management of memory, the
responsibility for its management.  not ownership.

okay, one reads easier than the other.  *shrug*

> Do we need to say more?

not really :)  i was just stating my personal preference: the rest
is up to you :)

> Do users really care?

i wouldn't know :)

> > then you can publish the API, name the .so that you wish to be loaded.
>
> OK, but it's a long way aways yet anyway...

yep.