apr-dev mailing list archives

From Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <l...@samba-tng.org>
Subject Re: New memory code renaming
Date Thu, 10 May 2001 10:46:17 GMT
On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 01:54:51AM +0100, David Reid wrote:
> Does anyone have any objections to simply calling this stuff
> apr_memory_blah?
>
> That'll give us
>
> apr_memory_malloc
> apr_memory_realloc
> apr_memory_free
> apr_memory_is_tracking
> apr_memory_create
> apr_memory_reset
> apr_memory_destroy
> apr_standard_memory_create
> apr_tracking_memory_create
> etc...

prefer memsys, it says more.

> This seems to make more sense and is short enough I think.  If I don't hear
> any objections I'll try to make the change over the weekend while in
> Montreal.
>
> Also, do we plan on making the plug-ins modular so they can be loaded at run
> time?  Just a thought...

yes, that was part of a plan, too.

then you can publish the API, name the .so that you wish to be loaded.

the only tricky bit about that is that separate memsyses will have
different initialisation routines, and i'm not so sure it's a good
idea to use varargs on a .so, for that! :)

heck, it's just a typecast, anyway.  ah well.