apr-dev mailing list archives

From Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <l...@samba-tng.org>
Subject Re: [REPOST] printf and FMT values.
Date Tue, 08 May 2001 16:22:15 GMT
> > > There is no need for apr_*printf formats to be compatible with OS printf
> > > calls.  We have re-implemented apr_*printf because we needed better
> > > portability.  In reality, that means that we could easily just define a
> > > single set of format strings.

> Well, the only glaring omission to apr_*printf() is support for "%lld" -

the other one that you may wish to consider adding, at some point,
is Unicode printfs.

Win32 has %S for 'hey, am i in UNICODE mode?  okay!  let's convert
this string to char*, then!' and vice-versa when you compile _not_
in Unicode-mode...

otherwise, Win32 treats a %s as default-whatever-you-have-compiled-as
[%s is Unicode when compiled as Unicode, char* when compiled as char*]

luke