apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/test Makefile.in
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 18:51:18 GMT
On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 05:54:21AM -0000, fielding@apache.org wrote:
> fielding    01/04/30 22:54:21
>   Modified:    build    rules.mk.in
>                test     Makefile.in
>   Log:
>   Be careful not to override what was set by configure for ALL_LIBS
>   and order them such that user-defined LIBS are preferred over those
>   picked as EXTRA_LIBS by configure.
>   -ALL_LIBS=../libapr.la ../shmem/unix/mm/libmm.la $(LIBS) $(EXTRA_LIBS)
>   +LOCAL_LIBS=../libapr.la ../shmem/unix/mm/libmm.la
>   +testfile@EXEEXT@: testfile.lo $(LOCAL_LIBS)
>   +	$(LINK) testfile.lo $(LOCAL_LIBS) $(ALL_LIBS)

When I first set up the apr-util build stuff, I tried to put all the LIBS
stuff into the $(LINK) macro itself, so that the Makefile lines would be
much simpler. It seems that some code had a problem with it (Jeff changed
things around), but I wasn't really clear about it and never pursued it. If
that sounds reasonable to you, then you may want to take a look at it.

Basically, the LINK macro would use LOCAL_LIBS and ALL_LIBS. The Makefile
would just need to set LOCAL_LIBS. It may have been that I did the "set"
after including rules.mk, so it didn't "take".

Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

View raw message